Friday, January 1, 2010

Celebrating 2009!

I don't know that I have anything this year that I am making a definite resolution on. I feel like I started up so many stinkin' new things in 2009, I didn't leave much to resolute for in 2010!


Ethan played his first year of tackle football. I became a huge fan of the sport and can't wait to see him put pads back on in July of 2010! One goal for Ethan this year is to finally wrap up the rest of the 2nd grade curriculum we started in May of 2008, yes, you heard that right. Not much left, and we did start a lot of 3rd grade this year, too, but still not done with all his 2nd. We should be done with all of it by the beginning of March, when he will take his test for 3rd grade. We will then go straight to a 4th grade curriculum, and focus more on Bible and Character as we take our time with academics through the rest of 2010.


As far as my Emma, we still have the same goal academically for 2010 that we had for 2009, learning to read! She is almost there, and I am thinking by the end of May, she will be ready to start the 2010/2011 school year with a 1st grade curriculum. Emma has a curious mind and a growing interest in God and His purpose in her heart. She loves to sit and flip through the pages of her pink New Testament. She just surfs the pages looking for words she can sound out, and loves to share with me what she finds. I look forward to teaching her more about our Savior this year!


Greg and I grew so much in our marriage this year. I know this is because each of us took our relationship with Christ more serious this year. Priorities changed, and our life with Christ, and our service in His name, was taken to a whole new level. I am more in love with him today than I ever thought would be possible. I am blessed to be his helper, and look forward to celebrating 7 years of marriage to my man this April!
So, we will start out Monday with our new Workbox System, and my children and I are pumped! Here are a few of the "centers" we will be making good use of with our new system. This is Ethan's circuit board we got him for Christmas. He is amazed with electricity, and I'm hoping we will be able to incorporate more hands on learning, which works for him, with this new system.
Emma Rae definitely takes after her daddy, and mommy, when it comes to painting. She asks daily if she can paint. I plan to make her requests happen 3 to 4 days a week this year by using the Workbox System. How? She will have a box that will have all of her supplies ready for her, except of course for the water. So instead of needing me to pull out all the supplies, get everything cleared, and then find her something to do, I will be packing her box up at night and having it ready for her the next day.
I hope that you are looking back at your 2009 and finding things you want to continue, rather than just finding things you need to quit.
Let this be an encouragement to you! Find things you were able to do right in 2009. Chose to focus on repeating what worked, instead of regretting what didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment